Короткий пересказ "Romeo and Juliette" на английском. please
1 Февраль 2012
короткий пересказ “Romeo and Juliette” на английском.. please
- ‘Romeo and Juliet is an early tragedy by William Shakespeare about two teenage “star-cross’d lovers” whose “untimely deaths” ultimately unite their feuding households. The play has been highly praised by literary critics for its language and dramatic effect. It was among Shakespeare’s most popular plays during his lifetime and, along with Hamlet, is one of his most frequently performed plays. Its influence is still seen today, with the two main characters being widely represented as archetypal young lovers.
Romeo and Juliet belongs to a tradition of tragic romances stretching back to Ancient Greece. Its plot is based on an Italian tale, translated into verse as Romeus and Juliet by Arthur Brooke in 1562, and retold in prose in Palace of Pleasure by William Painter in 1582. Brooke and Painter were Shakespeare’s chief sources of inspiration for Romeo and Juliet. He borrowed heavily from both, but developed minor characters, particularly Mercutio and Paris, in order to expand the plot. Believed written between 1591–1595, the play was first published in a quarto version in 1597. This text was of poor quality, and later editions corrected it, bringing it more in line with Shakespeare’s original text.
Shakespeare’s use of dramatic structure, especially his expansion of minor characters,use of subplots to embellish the story, has been praised as an early sign of his dramatic skill. The play ascribes different poetic forms to different characters, sometimes changing the form as the character develops. Romeo, for example, grows more adept at the sonnet form over time. Characters frequently compare love and death and allude to the role of fate.
Since its publication, Romeo and Juliet has been adapted numerous times in stage, film, musical and operatic forms. During the Restoration, it was revived and heavily revised by William Davenant. Garrick’s 18th century version, which continued to be performed into the Victorian era, also changed several scenes, removing material then considered indecent. Performances in the 19th century, including Charlotte Cushman’s, restored the original text, and focused on greater realism. Gielgud’s 1935 version kept very close to Shakespeare’s text, and used Elizabethan costumes and staging to enhance the drama. ’
p.s. нашла в интернете. поищи еще тоже, может, что-то найдешь то, что тебе более удобное.
- Вопросы для повторения к главе 2
- Сообщение о лермонтове 3 класс
- Қайың түбірін жасау жоспар еңбекке баулу
- Визитки на мистер осень
- Нарис про людину
- Предсказания в искусстве
- Урок чапек трудный день 2 класс
- Як приходить на стіл хліб
- Характеристика анни украдене щастя
- Основные показатели деятельности поликлиники
- Небольшой рассказ о первом снеге
- Хронологічна таблиця коцюбинського